DNI/Creative IT is seeking a qualified Tactical Data Link Manger candidate to support the
U.S. Air Force (USAF) at Langley AFB (Ryan Center) in Hampton, VA.
• Responsible for data link networks supporting operations or exercises such as daily
training, test and evaluation, and experimentation.
• Set up and maintain Tactical Datalink (TDL) interfaces and ensure data transfer across
the Multi-Tactical Datalink Network (MTN). Networks may consist of only Link 16
participants or may be part of larger MTNs.
• Assist the Joint Interface Control Officer (JICO) and Operations Flight Commander in
data-link planning and preparation to meet unit Information Exchange Requirements.
• Coordinate with the appropriate Link 16 deconfliction coordinators to satisfy all
frequency assignment authorization restrictions.
• Coordinate, as required, with the Wing/Unit Manager to align TDL operations with unit
• Serve as the Wing/Unit Manager as required for all TDL operations to include:
o Coordinate equipment requirements and network selections to meet local mission
requirements and act as the interface between the wing and higher-level agencies,
such as the Installation Spectrum Manager and TDLOMO.
o Coordinate with the Installation Spectrum Manager and/or Major Command
(MAJCOM) Spectrum Management Office to ensure TDL platforms/systems are
operating in accordance with the frequency assignment.
o Support TDL cryptographic key functions, to include acquisition, maintenance,
and terminal fills.
o Ensure exchange of information is protected in accordance with security
• Working knowledge of AOC-specific information and the unit databases.
• Good communications skills and expert planning skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency maintaining TDL gateways to include (but not limited to) Joint
Range Extension, Joint Air Defense System Integrator, Link 16 Management and
Monitoring Tool, and familiarization with cross domain solutions.
• TDLMs will have at a minimum, the JT-310 Advanced JICC Operators Course or JT-301
Joint Interface Control Officers Course completed.
• Experience within a USAF Falconer AOC is preferred over joint experience.
• Highly desired: Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience or 5
years of relevant experience in a USAF AOC, or joint partner equivalent without
• This position requires US citizenship and current TOP SECRET Security Clearance with
SCI eligibility. We can work candidates who do not have a TS but must have a SECRET
at start of work and be eligible for TS.
• Comp TIA Security+ certification within six months of hiring.
• This position requires ability to travel as required.
EQUIPMENT and MACHINES:
• Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.), and/or other industry-specific
Work may involve sitting for extended periods. May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs.
Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of manufacturing and military sites or facilities
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work
outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when